Thursday, January 08, 2009

Set Up For The Kill

First of all, thanks for all the comments about my previous Blog about Puzzle Pirates, however, because of them I fealt the whole story was necesary.
My son joined a crew of pirates run by a 13 year old who had been playing for quite some time and had several large vessals. My son became a SO within a short time because there was only 20 people in his flag and the captain promised my son he could use the larger vessals if he gave him 5000 poe up front. My son is 13 and gullable so he gave him the poe. The captain allowed him to use the large vessal 2 times and refused any more access. My son told him to give him the money back or continue allowing him to use the vessal. The captain refused and my son being an SO went back on the boat and removed 1,200 poe which was all there was in the coffers. The captain immediately sent a tell to the oceanmasters which evidently reviewed the issue and did not see any of the previous negociations they had arranged prior to the taking of 1,200 poe, therefore, my son,(and not to mention myself-being one of the three pirates in the group), was banned for life for theft. I didn't even know my son was playing the game-he had attained my password and was having a great time on the ocean. Well there you have it. Those are the facts. I got screwed out of $75.00 and the extreme fun I was having as a very highly respected and climbing fast officer under a very established flag. Some times we have to learn the hard way, but it is a shame that a one-time mistake would be so permanent in a game. I have a salution to the theft problem too. If anyone accesses another pirates coffers, a window could appear asking the permission of that pirate and if there were a problem, they could simply deny access. Why is that so hard to arrange? When someone pays for a whole year of access to a server, it is thievary to disallow that access after receiving payment in full and I feel that Puzzle Pirates are currently stealing from me in the real world-and they aren't stealing poe like we were in advertantly accused of doing-they are stealing US American dollars.

No comments: