Thursday, January 08, 2009

PUZZLED OVER PUZZLE PIRATES

Don't know if you've ever heard of the game puzzle pirates, but in case you haven't, it's a little addictive game that over 3,000,000 people are attracted to. That's right, over 3 million players. It is accessed over the internet and is based on pirates in created oceans going through their everyday lives pillaging, selling, and trading things, but the one thing that these pirates don't do and is-if I might add-the most punishable of all crimes, IS STEAL. There is absolutely no theft allowed. So much so, that if one does so, one is eliminated "PERMINENTLY" from the game. I was completely taken aback by this agreement when asked to join the puzzling world since I fealt like if I paid $75.00 United States Dollars for a game, then I had the right to play the damned thing. Well guess what? You don't. They give access to whomever they want on their server, and if you have been banned, then you don't have access. The game gives you 3 pirates that may be designed as you want, male, female, white, black, brown, red, whatever, however, they are all under the same account. So if one pirate does something wrong, all three are banned. My son had one of the pirates and he made a deal with another 13 year old on one of his excursions and when he went back into the boat to get his money, the other kid disagreed, sent a report to the leagal guardians of the game-The Oceanmasters-and without even asking for an explaination, offering any type of assistance, no trial, no jury, no Sh%^, they simply banned us for life. To me this was an extreme unjustice. We were set up by a little prick 13 year old and paid $75.00 for the whole year and only used 35 days of service. I don't know wheather to sue the PP company, try to tell the world my story, or simply give up. I only think that the company is really the ones stealing from me-in the real world-not in a game, and after all, What in the f#^k are pirates supposed to do anyway if they don't steal?????????? My kid is 13 for god's sake-cut me some slack here guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you aren't allowed to steal from other players, by, for instance, scamming them out of their money. What your son appears to have done is to scam another player ("going back to the boat to get his money" doesn't really sound plausible, does it.)